MIKADROID | Interview
– Please introduce yourself, what should we know about you?
– Hi! I’m Mikadroid from Serbia/Novi Sad, my real name is irrelevant
Nothing special about me, i’m an old( but not that old) Hardcore (Holland) Gabber, Speedcore, Industrial, Techno, Electronic, etc. fan guy).
– Since when you do produce music?
– Since mid 90’s, but in late 90’s i was much better with my skills, so let’s say late 90’s.
– What’s your technique to make your own tunes?
– I have no technique, i do whatever i want, and i hope someone would enjoy in my madness :).. No, i’m joking with this madness word, i really hope someone would like what i say with my music.
– Which softwares do you use to make your sounds?
– One and only FL 11, but in the old days i was working in many other softwares, and know them all!
– Have you any external devices what help your work? Synthesizers, controllers, pedals?
– In techno music no (sometimes midi controller), i recently sold all of my hardware machines (machinedrum, monomachine, Blofeld), and kept X-Station, because it’s a great midi controller+synth.
But all of those machines i have used in live is for my other project, with a different name:
Mika Technika, and with that name i do all kind of electronic music, for example:
IDM, Glitch, Experimental, Ambient, etc.
– Do your work or did you worked before with other artists?
– Before new project with my friend Avoid aka Vladimir Acic, we collaborate behind the name: Avoid & Mikadroid.
I also have one track with my friend Lag, and that track is called “Drvo” and it’s an old tune, but a good one.
I have done live acts as Mika Technika, as i said before my machines, but now as Mikadroid, no one wants that kind of techno in Serbia to be played in club, my friend Slox says that i spin “Nazi Techno”, i don’t hear “Nazi”, i hear heavy banging industrial techno.
– Did you learn music or how to play on instruments?
– No, i don’t have any background knowledge about music, and i don’t play on any instruments, but when i need some melodies, i use scale charts so i can manipulate with melodies, or whatever. Hacking is ok.
– Could you name artists who you like, inspire you?
– In the old techno days , there was a few: “Slobodan” and “Brixton”
Now? No one, unfortunately.
In other genres, there ware more: Autechre, Afx, Squarepusher, Datach’i, Venetian Snares…
– How many releases do you have?
– I’m not sure, 4 or 5, till now (maybe more, I don’t no), but some of those releases were test releases as i call them, because i was testing something (secret), and i have never been like to work with labels, till now.
– Is there anything else over music which you express yourself with?
– There is, but it is a long story, just a snippet: i like religious texts, especially Bible.
– Any further plans for the future?
– My plan is always to make music and to play to people my choice of techno, i hope my wish comes true.
You can always contact me on: email@example.com
– Many thanks for the interview, best wishes to you and keep up the good work!